Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Few Updates

It has been a few days since I have posted anything here, so I will start with a few updates. I have been meaning to do a Christmas post, but I don't have all the pictures on my camera. So I will just fill you in on many things, because I know you want to know about my exciting life. :)

Matthew turned 9 months old on Christmas day. He had a wonderful Christmas! He loved everything he received, but he still loves the remote control, the phone, plastic water bottles, coasters, the end tables, and everything else that belong to mommy and daddy. Every once in a while his toys will spark an interest and they are greatly enjoyed.

Here are some pictures right before Christmas.















































































We did lots of traveling at Christmas which is normal for Micheal and I, it is just a little different when you are packing a baby along with you. You pretty much pack the entire house! The day after Christmas, we drove down to visit my brother and sister-in-law in Mission. We like to call it North Mexico. We had a nice visit with them and Matthew enjoyed visiting with them also. Since Matthew had an ear infection, the car ride down there was eventful. The medicine didn't settle too well with his tummy. :(

Micheal and I both went back to work after being off for 2 weeks. It was hard getting back into the swing of things, but it was nice to get back to a schedule. Matthew missed daycare and was glad to be back with all the girls at Mrs. Barbara's house. She really does love Matthew and he loves her and that is very important to Micheal and I.

Matthew had his 9 month check up on Tuesday and his stats are in -- 23 lbs. 2 oz. 29 inches long. What a healthy boy! :) His doctor said that he was "developmentally advanced" and doing wonderfully. Of course, I enjoyed hearing all the nice and good things he was saying about Matthew. We all want the best and hear the best about our children. Before his appointment we had to do some lab work at the hospital and he had to have his finger pricked and it didn't even bother him. I am so glad because I hate seeing him in any type of pain. He is such a strong boy!


Matthew is doing lots of fun and exciting things around the house. Micheal and I are running around like crazy keeping up with him. He pulls up on anything he can get his hands on to, cruising around the furniture, crawling on to and in to anything he can, dancing/bouncing, talking, reading his books, playing his instrument set LOUDLY and laughs at it, and he is very helpful with the laundry. He has been such a joy and blessing to us. It has been so much fun watching him discover new things and explore the world around him. I can't wait for what is to come.

Micheal and I were just talking tonight about what we did with all our time before Matthew was born, and we couldn't think of what we actually did. Of course we could go out to eat at 7:00 or 7:30 and not think it was late, but now...it's LATE!
So far, we have had an awesome New Year. I know that there is more wonderful things to come. God has a wonderful plan for us and we can't wait to see what it is.

4 comments:

  1. Matthew is a BIG boy- Such a cutie too:) I'm hoping Addi makes it to the 20 pound mark by the time she's a year old! She's such a little shrimp!!

    Looks like things are going good for you guys! Where are you working??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Sounds like yall had a great Christmas! I was starting to wonder if you had forgotten about your blog!! Hope yall have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pictures. It looks like y'all had a great Christmas! Matthew is so adorable! I hope the new year and back to work schedules are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's funny...we always say to ourselves...what did we do before wyatt???

    beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete