Saturday, April 4, 2009

Matthew is ONE!!!

I really need a lesson on how to cut & paste from the blogger thing. That is how technology challagened I am! So you will get pictures first AND out of order. Goodness, you wouldn't think it would be that hard! :(

Matthew about a week before he turned one.

Matthew, one day old.

Yes, that is correct! Matthew turned one on March 25th and I am just now able to sit down and post about it! I can't believe my baby is already one. This time sure has flown by quickly. This past year has brought many new things into my life. I am blessed with a beautiful, healthy, happy, independent, curious, funny, and sweet little boy. He brings so many joyful moments into my life! Last night, I was looking through pictures from when we first brought him home through now, and he sure has grown into a handsome little boy. When I check on him while he is napping or sleeping for the night, I just keeping seeing this little boy, he isn't a baby anymore. He has such distinct features for a little man! What a joy he is to us!

Matthew has also started several new things. When he is tired, he usually rubs his eyes, now he pulls on his eye lids and his LONG eye lashes. It really is the cutest thing. He has also started throwing his head back and he cracks up laughing. It is the funniest thing. He will do this and keep entertained like this for a long time. He isn't walking yet, but he tries really hard. He will take a couple of steps and then realize what he is doing and crawl to where he wants to go. He walks really well holding onto us or his toys. Speaking of toys, why do we buy our children toys when they want to play with paper, remotes, phones, coasters, TRASH, drawers, socks, and other things that we don't buy for them? He has more fun with those things, than his toys! Playing in my sock drawer brings so much joy to him. :)








1 comment:

  1. yea for matthew! i totally agree about the toys...it's funny what they'd rather play with. :)

    ReplyDelete