Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Catch Up

This is going to be a lot of ramblings from me, so I am warning you. It could get boring.

So far, my summer vacation has gone well! We haven't done much, just playing and having a great time. Matthew isn't a sleeper, so there hasn't been much sleeping past 6:30. However, he does take two really good naps, so I guess he is getting some sleep in. ;) While Matthew has been napping, I FINALLY finished my scrapbook. I have been working on this scrapbook for TWO years now. It is a book about my first year of teaching. I am only doing that one since it was my first year. I am now going to start working on Matthew's first year of his little life, so we will see if this takes two years as well. Hopefully not!

I enjoy staying home with Matthew, however, I have to get out of the house at least once a day. If not, I go crazy. Even if it is a walk to the park, which we love! Matthew absolutely loves to be outside. He is definitely all boy!

It has been so weird to watch Matthew play and interact with other children. He isn't a baby anymore. He's a BIG boy! I know I have watched him play at church and at his child care providers, but this has been different. We were at a birthday party the other evening and this little boy kept trying to talk to Matthew, but Matthew doesn't say many words and can't carry on a conversation and this little boy would look at him, like "Aren't you going to answer me?" It was pretty funny! Then the next night we went over to some friends who have a 2 year old and he was doing the same thing. Matthew would just look at him while he talked. He really is growing up so fast! Time has sure flown by!

This evening we went to Sonic to get a free Root Beer float and we really should have let Matthew get one too. As soon as he saw me eating/drinking it, he hollered and wanted some. So, of course, he got some! ;) Once we got home, he wanted to finish it off.

Once again, I can't figure out how to do the sequence of pictures, but you get the idea.


Helping daddy water.

He is not a picture taker...like his daddy! I tried!

This is the best one I got. Right before the wood chip went into his mouth!



Cleaning up the flower bed.



Enjoying a yummy treat. Thanks mommy! :)
Mine and Micheal's 5 year anniversary is coming up on Friday. We are going to San Antonio to celebrate. If I can remember, I'll take some pictures and post...for those who care. :)




4 comments:

  1. we got a float too...and wyatt ate most of both of ours! :)

    please post pictures from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 years- Congrats!! Enjoy your trip, and for sure share the pictures!

    Blake and I got our root beer floats last night, and we definitely should have let Addi get one too...She is such a little beggar!

    And I agree, our babies are getting SO BIG, SO FAST! Where has the time gone?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about that thing after Bryan and I got home last night! My mom called and was like did ya get a free float while ya were in town!! hahah That's ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 years?!??!?! Holy cow. NO! It hasn't been 5 years has it?!?

    Matthew is so cute!

    I would like to start walking again with yall! Maybe we could manage 2 or 3 times a week? Tuesdays and Thursdays, and then maybe one other day...I don't know!

    ReplyDelete