Monday, June 15, 2009

It's HOT in Here!

Matthew and I went out of town for a few days last week to visit my aunt in Austin. We drove to Brownwood, visited with my dad and picked up my mom to go to Austin. It was such a nice and FAST visit and trip. It seems like we were on the road for the most part. My mom and I did some shopping and we also took Matthew to Zilker Park in Austin. At this park they have a really neat pool that is spring fed and lots of other attractions. One of those attractions was a mini train. That was the main reason for taking him there. So we road the train and Matthew LOVED it. I wish I had pictures, but my mom has them on her camera. She has a much better camera than I do. Anyway, Matthew had such a great time. By the end of our train ride we were so hot and exhausted. We got in the car and drove to Barton Springs Mall. We did a little more shopping and then went back to my aunts. We got up early Saturday morning to drive home and be back home by noon. I talked to Micheal Saturday morning on the way home and I asked him how he was and he said he was HOT and SWEATING! I said "What? Why are you sweating, you're in the house?" He then told me the air conditioner was NOT WORKING!!! WHAT???? It has been 100+ for the last few days and I DO NOT take heat well. So Matthew and I get home and good thing we had a swimming party to go to because MAN...IT WAS HOT!!! So hot that Matthew's hair was all sweaty...nasty! So we ended up staying with some wonderful friends until Monday morning when the AC man was suppose to be here...first thing. I ended up calling someone and they were here pretty soon after I talked to him. Our compressor is out, so that means it could be today when it is fixed or it could be Wednesday. So, please pray for us while we are going through this HOT time IN our house. I realize it's hot outside, and everyone is hot, but when you come into your house, it should be cold...right? When Momma is hot, no one is happy! Good thing tonight is our church swim and burger night because we will all need a dip in the pool. Hopefully the part will be in this afternoon and we don't have to worry about another hot day!

2 comments:

  1. Uhh I'm so sorry. I seriously cannot imagine not having air conditioning. I get grumpy when it's 78 degrees in our house. LOL.

    Hope it gets fixed sooooon!

    ReplyDelete