Monday, June 8, 2009

Great Weekend

Micheal and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary Friday the 5th. We celebrated by going to San Antonio and staying on the riverwalk. We stayed at the Omni on the riverwalk and it was beautiful. We had such a great time enjoying each other and it felt VERY weird not having a little one with us! I only teared up once! I know, I can't believe it either...only once! I have only been away from Matthew a couple of times overnight and the last time was back in October and only for 1 night. This was 2 nights, but I did good. We went to eat at several great places and I ate WAY TOO MUCH this weekend. We also went to a piano bar and that was interesting and fun.

While we went to San Antonio, my wonderful mom came to keep Matthew for us and they had such a great time. Matthew really loves his Bella. :)

Here is a picture of Micheal and I on Saturday night. We tried to take a self portrait, but it wasn't working, so a sweet lady came and took this for us. So nice! :)


A really good friend of mine has breast cancer and will begin chemo on Friday. We are having a "Hats Off" party tonight for her. I bought a pretty scarf for her to wear. She has such a positive outlook on this. Even though everyday is a new day for her, she has the faith and strength from God that she will fight this. Her attitude is very inspirational to everyone. I couldn't imagine fighting a battle like this. She has wonderful support from her family and friends and I know that that encourages her. So, I am off to bake a wonderful dessert for tonight! Please pray for my friend Terri. I know that she will appreciate it. Thank you! :)

5 comments:

  1. Blake and I are planning a trip to San Antonio sometime soon too (We'll have Addi with us though) Glad you had fun...My mom is going to keep Addi for us sometime this summer...The first time for us to EVER be away from her overnight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Good to know you have a blog! Can't wait to start following you! :)

    Terri is definitely on my heart this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's THIS? Two posts within a week of each other! I'm so proud of you Mom! Cute pics and congrats on the anniversary! I still can't believe it's been 5 years!

    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

    Do you want to walk tomorrow evening?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Briana,
    I know! I can't believe it either. Posting two blogs in a week AND 5 years. Time does fly by!

    Give me a call!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the party last night. It was really fun and your PINK cakes. They were yummy.
    Glad you and Micheal had a good anniversary but next year I expect you to be walking in the Relay for Life with me. We'll bring an "anniversary" cake to share at midnight since our anniversaries are just a day apart. :)
    Thanks for all the love and support--
    Terri

    ReplyDelete